The Educational Foundations coursework introduces students to content and application of educational ideas from the disciplines of philosophy, psychology, history, anthropology, economics, political science and sociology as basic to understanding educational processes. Each program in the Goodwin College of Education requires specific Educational Foundations coursework. Please refer to the specific program for the program's required Educational Foundations courses.
|EDFN-305||Philosophical And Historical Foundations Of Public Education||3|
|or EDFN-405||Development Of Educational Thought|
|EDFN-306||Education And Individual Differences||3|
|or EDFN-406||Human Development And Learning|
|EDFN-307||Psychology Of Instruction And Learning||3|
|or EDFN-407||Learning Theories And Educational Practices|
|EDFN-308||Teaching And Learning||1.5|
- No required professional education courses may be taken more than twice to achieve an acceptable grade.
- Sophomore standing is required.
- EDFN-306 is a prerequisite for EDFN-307 and EDFN-308. EDFN-306 must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.
- EDFN-306 and EDFN-307 or EDFN-306 and EDFN-308 may not be taken during the same semester.
- EDFN-307 / EDFN-407 and EDFN-308 require admission to the Goodwin College of Education.