Monica Teixeira, Director
Ronald Williams Library, LIB-412
Three TRIO Student Support Services programs serve the needs of Northeastern students. TRIO programs, located on the 4th floor of the Library, help Northeastern undergraduate students navigate college differently by providing a range of support services to increase academic performance and graduation rates.
TRIO advisors meet with students each semester to develop Student Success Plans and to discuss any support or resources needed. These model provides the opportunity for TRIO staff to look at and assist each and every student individually.
Three TRIO Programs
TRIO Student Support Services programs engage students from enrollment through graduation, providing or negotiating a range of support services to increase academic performance and graduation. All TRIO programs provide assistance in developing individual strategies for personal and academic college success in areas such as choosing a major, paying for college, and developing an educational plan leading to graduation.
- The TRIO Achieve program serves first generation or low-income undergraduate students from all majors.
- The TRIO Teacher Preparation program serves undergraduate students majoring in education, supporting them on their path toward university graduation and teacher certification through services such as test preparation, and personal, academic, and professional development workshops.
- The TRIO Access program serves undergraduate students experiencing challenges with educational access or performance due to a documented disability including learning and cognitive disabilities, psychiatric and neurological symptoms, physical and sensory impairment, and chronic health conditions.
- academic, career, and personal advising,
- financial aid and scholarship guidance,
- personal and leadership development,
- college success workshops,
- study abroad guidance,
- access to laptops, iPads, and exam preparation materials,
- and tutoring, peer mentoring, and peer coaching.
For more information, please visit http://www.neiu.edu/triosss.
Any student enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Northeastern who is a citizen or legal resident the U.S. or meets residency requirements for federal student financial aid AND meets at least ONE of the following requirements:
- First generation college student (neither parent/guardian graduated from a 4-year college)
- Qualifying taxable income (variable standard set annually by the federal government)
- Individual with a documented disability
Complete an application online here.