Student Union, SU-207
The Student Union at Northeastern Illinois University serves as a destination for our diverse community of students, faculty, staff and visitors to relax, connect, learn and grow through engaging programming, quality dining experiences and exceptional conference and event services. Student Union staff operates the Welcome Desk and Box Office (ticket sales to university events), administers University ID cards, the CTA U-Pass, locker rentals, and lost and found, and sells stamps and discounted AMC movie tickets.
Welcome Desk and Box Office
Welcome Desk services include:
- Student, Faculty and Staff Identification Cards (IDs)
- CTA U-Pass Distribution
- Box Office - purchase tickets to Northeastern Performing Arts concerts & other special events
- Lost and Found
- Locker Rental
- Discounted AMC Movie Tickets
Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday - 9:00 a.m. - 6:00p.m.
Please reach out to the Welcome Desk to verify, call (773) 442-4290 or email us at Welcome-Center@neiu.edu
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) U-Pass
The CTA U-Pass is an unlimited ride pass for the CTA, available to all full-time students.
Important CTA U-Pass Information:
- For the Spring, Summer and Fall terms, full-time is defined as 12 credit hours minimum for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours minimum for graduate students
- The cost is $155 each semester
- You cannot waive the fee unless you fall into one of these categories:
- Students who are para-transit dependent
- Students who are currently studying abroad
- Students who are taking all classes at UCLC (University Center–Lake County)
- Students who are Military Service Pass participants, as issued by CTA
- Students who are CTA employees or CTA retirees
- Students who hold an RTA Free Ride or Reduced Fare Card
Replacement Cards are obtained through the Welcome Desk - the fee is $50.00
7-day passes can be provided, if available, to students who are waiting on their first Ventra Card only. Students who have lost, damaged or had their card stolen are not able to receive a 7-day pass.
How You Can Print at Northeastern Illinois University
Students at NEIU who have registered for classes prior to the beginning of the semester and have no financial or academic holds are allocated a 7,500 point print quota which will be given at the beginning of the first day of classes in the semester for which for which the student is registered. A student who does not meet these requirements or registers after the first day of classes will not receive a print quota and will need to log in to NEIUport, click the "Help Desk" icon and submit a support ticket though NEIU’s support application TeamDynamix or by contacting Technology Services at (773) 442-4357 (HELP) from any in-house phone.
The print quota can be used for printing, scanning and copying on campus Xerox printers and be in compliance with the University's Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources policy. Color printing is available at the Library Copy Center, Student Lounge and Pedroso Center. Any unused print quota is removed after the last day of classes. Unused print quota does not roll over to the next semester. There are no refunds for unused portions of the print quota or points purchased via "Add Value" stations or debit/credit cards. The print quota is not part of or related to the Computer Resource Fee and has no cash value.
Users who exceed their print quota can purchase additional print points via “Add Value” stations located on campus or via credit card by logging in to PaperCut and choosing the “Add Credit” menu option. Once logged in, users can also submit web print jobs, request refunds (within 48 hours and only due to hardware or toner failure), manage their printing account and set/change their PIN. For security purposes, print quota, PINs, NetIDs and passwords should never be shared among users. The print quota quantity is subject to change without notice.
- Single-sided black-and-white prints and copies are 10 points per page.
- Double-sided black-and-white prints and copies are 9 points per page (or 18 points per page printed or copied on two sides).
- Color copies and prints are 25 points (Color printing is available at the Library 1st Floor and Student Lounge and the Pedroso Center).
- Scans are 4 points.
ID Card Policy
All students enrolled in Northeastern Illinois University are required to obtain a Northeastern identification (ID) card and maintain this card in their possession while attending functions of Northeastern Illinois University. This card must be presented on demand for the purposes of official university identification. The card is available at the Welcome Desk. There is no charge for the first ID issued; however, there is a charge to replace a lost ID. To obtain your ID card, you must present proof of registration for the current semester and a photo ID (such as a valid driver’s license).
The ID card is automatically validated upon payment of required fees each term. The ID card must be presented to check books out of the library, gain access to the Physical Education facility, pick up loan checks, vote in student elections and enter university events. The ID card also may be used for photocopies or to pay for printing in the computer labs and the library microfilm printers.