Kris Pierre, M.A., Director
Building B, B-119
Career Development integrates career development services and experiential learning with the goal of ensuring that Northeastern Illinois University students graduate ready and well-prepared to articulate the professional abilities and skills they have acquired through their curricular and co-curricular experiences. We also strengthen existing and develop new collaborative community and business partnerships that advance the University’s mission in preparing a diverse community of students for leadership and service in their professions and in a dynamic multicultural world.
Career Development offers many resources and services to Northeastern students and alumni, including:
- A “First Year to Senior Plan” that focuses on early career engagement and advising to enable students to make intentional efforts to explore career and major options and develop skills that prepare them for the workforce
- Opportunities for students to gain real world knowledge and experience leading to career and graduate school through internships and experiential learning opportunities in partnership with non-profits and businesses in the communities surrounding Northeastern’s locations
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Appointments regarding interviews, job search strategies, and networking
- Workshops, job fairs, and other events
Appointments can be scheduled by calling (773) 442-4680. Drop-in resume critique hours (no appointment needed) are posted on the Career Development web page at the beginning of each semester. The NEIUHire online job board is a source of information for job openings and opportunities.